I am so late in writing this, but I’ve been trying to decide if I was going to post this in one fell swoop or feature each blog award in its own post. (I decided to do one big post.) In the past few weeks I have been nominated for three blog awards: the One Lovely Blog Award, the Sisterhood of the World Award and the Liebster Award, which I appreciate so much! Thank you so much for nominating me Aline, Clare and Josie!
Because I have been nominated for three different awards, I thought I would feature a few questions from each blogger/award and then do a spotlight on a few blogs myself.
Some Random Facts About Me:
- Purple is my all time favourite colour. Blue-toned, pink-toned, lilac, love them all. (And coincidentally, my favourite lipstick right now is a purple one!)
- Strawberries are my favourite fruit. There is no other. I could eat them by the pound!
- I love coffee, but I love tea even more, though I had to get rid of most of my stash when we moved here. A good peppermint tea will soothe all ills!
And now for the questions!
- What’s your favourite cheap drugstore brand? I don’t have one specific favourite. For lip products I love Revlon, for mascara (and colour tattoos) I love Maybelline, and for eye shadows I love Wet ‘N’ Wild!
- Cream Blusher or Powder Blusher? And why? I’ve actually only ever used powder blush merely by coincidence. I desperately want some cream blush!
- If you had to use only one hair care products for the rest of your life, which one would you choose? (not including Shampoo and Conditioner) Coconut oil now and forever. It makes my hair so so so soft.
- What’s your favourite drugstore and why? Shoppers Drug Mart, depending on the location and their stock. They have some great brands in their stock if they’re good ones! If the Shoppers isn’t the greatest though, it’d have to be Target purely because I love Target for everything.
- What make up product could you not live without? A few months ago I would have said eyeliner, but now it’s probably concealer. My skin has been just awful lately!
- Why do you like to blog? I’ve always loved to write and I enjoy makeup and skin care, so it was a natural extension for me. Plus the beauty blogging community has been so very wonderful and welcoming!
- How many languages do you speak and how many of those do you blog in? Just English – whomp whomp.
- Do you write your blog at night or during the day? Usually during the day. If I need to take photos it’s the best time purely for lighting purposes and I love to relax with my hubby in the evening. 🙂
- What is your favourite type of cupcake? Oooh that’s tough. Can I just say anything that’s made by my sister-in-law Chantelle? Her cupcakes are always so amazing
- Do you have any phobias? I’m a very anxious person in general, so I have quite a few, haha. Failure, everyone I love dying, dying alone, being ill in public, spiders…
- What is the most expensive thing you have ever broken? I don’t know about most expensive, but I remember breaking the top part of an old oil lamp when I was little and being absolutely heart broken. I was helping my mom dust and I knocked it over. Absolutely crushed. It still makes me a bit sad, to be honest.
- What are the hottest and coldest temperatures that you have ever experienced? Oh man. Coldest would be somewhere in the -40 Celsius range and hottest…35 Celsius-ish?
Thank you again for the nominations, I am very touched! The blogs I would like to feature are: