I’ve had my short hair for about a month now so I thought it was about time that I shared some tips on how to style short hair! I alternate between two styles – sleek and messy. I thought I would focus on how I do the more sleek style, which I do most days as it’s the simplest.
The picture above is actually my second day hair so I took a straightener to it in order to get rid of any kinks, but if I were styling this on wet hair I would use a blow dryer and my Air Motion Pro hairbrush. Before blow drying I spritz in my Chi Thermal Protection Spray and work some of Herbal Essences Body Envy volumizing mousse into the roots. Then blow dry away! I usually alternate flipping my head upside down to dry the roots and using the drier and my brush on the lengths of my hair to get it as smooth as possible. More often than not I still take my straightener to the ends – especially in the back where my hair likes to flip up.
Once dry this is where a texturizing spray is your best friend, though I haven’t found one that I am in love with so I don’t want to plug anything. I’d love some suggestions for a good texturizing spray!
All in all, this usually takes me about 10-15 minutes to finish on a slow morning. Luckily my hair dries super fast now that it’s short!
Other products used:
– Benefit’s That Gal Primer
– Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in 51 Light Vanilla
– Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer in Cool Sand
– The Body Shop Honey Bronzer in 01
– e.l.f. Baked Blush in Pinktastic
– Naked 3 Palette (Strange, Limit, Liar and Factory)
– Revlon Brow Fantasy Duo in Dark Brown
– Rimmel Scanadaleyes Eyeliner in Brown
– MUFE Smokey Extravagance Mascara