As I was brainstorming ideas for todays post, I thought it would be fun to start a new segment on Up the Rollercoaster that I’m dubbing “The Beauty Guide”. This Guide will be a great way for me to share tips and product ideas with you without smothering you with too many FOTD posts. So, enter the (photo-heavy) Beauty Guide part one…
Imagine it’s Monday morning. You’ve stayed up super late Sunday night studying, with a sick kid or maybe just binging on your favourite TV show and now you’re paying for it. You’ve pressed sleep a few many times on your alarm so not only are you exhausted but you’re running late and you don’t have time to shower, let alone do a full face of makeup to make yourself look somewhat presentable for school/work/whatever. I bring to you the no muss, no fuss, 5-step guide to looking awake for those days when you just don’t feel it. So grab your coffee and read on…
1. De-puff. I don’t know about you, but when I’m tired my eyes especially look like the pillows I’ve left in bed. But you don’t have time to mess around with cold spoons or eye masks, so turn on the cold tap and wash the sleep away. Yes, it’ll suck. But hey, it’ll wake you up AND depuff your face/eyes.
2. Grab that concealer. Your eyes are a mess of dark circles, no? A peachy concealer is your best friend to cover up bruised-looking under eyes, but who has time to layer different colours of concealer? Not me. So I reach for Maybelline’s Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser and let it do the work. (If you’re circles are really bad, there is a brightening concealer from the same line that might interest you.)
3. Curl Those Lashes. Okay, so you don’t have time to do your eye makeup, but at least curl your eyelashes. Make em reach for the sky and your eyes will pop right open. If you’re up to it, seal the curl with a lick of mascara.
4. Line the Waterline. A nude liner is your best friend during these mornings. If you line your lower waterline with a nude shade your eyes will brighten, widen and look more awake instantly. Boom, more sleep!
5. Lighten those lips. If you own a rosy lipstick that is just a few shades deeper than your complexion, now is the time to use it. It will – you guessed it – wake your complexion right up. If you’re feeling really ambitious you could also pop on some blush which will help brighten your face too, but it’s not super necessary for this exercise.
By now you should look somewhat awake. I hope I do!
– Maybelline Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser Concealer
– e.l.f. Eyelash Curler
– Arbonne It’s A Long Story Mascara
– Rimmel Scandaleyes Nude Eyeliner
– Makeup For Ever Rouge Artist Natural Lipstick in Copper Pink