I have been lucky enough to be tagged three times for the Liebster award, this time by Taylor from Another Fashion Fanatic and Megan from Megan Joy! These awards are great ways to get to know fellow bloggers and I really enjoy writing them – especially after a beauty-heavy month like last month. Looking back I realized Blogtober was sorely lacking posts about me so I am really going to try to work that into my week more.
For those of you who don’t know what the Liebster Award is it’s a fantastic little acknowledgement from other bloggers. You don’t get a physical award or anything, but it’s a great way for bloggers to let you know that they like what you’re doing and it’s a great way to get to know more people! And if there’s one thing that I love about this community, it’s the people.
- Post a Q&A – answer the questions the tagger has asked you
- At the end of the post nominate 4-5 bloggers who inspires you
- Either keep the original questions the tagger asked you, make your own, or remove/add your own
- Link back to the blogger who awarded you somewhere on your blog post
1. How do you make yourself feel better after a bad day?
Honestly, it’s usually my husband that can make me feel better through just talking to me or cuddles. Cuddles almost always help. But if he’s not around I like to run a bubble bath or a hot steamy shower and just let the grossness of the day wash away. Wine or a tasty cider always help too.
2. Link the blog post you’re most proud of
I think it would have to be my review of Essence’s All About Nude palette, purely because I realized it was a perfect dupe for Urban Decay’s Naked 3 palette!
3. Favourite film?
I used to say it was The Departed, but if I’m totally honest it’s definitely Love Actually or Pride and Prejudice (the 2005 one). They always pick me up if I’m in a rotten mood. And Love Actually makes it feel like Christmas, which is my favourite holiday and always makes me super happy.
4. 3 facts about yourself
- I grew up on a farm outside of a very small, rural town
- I used to be a pretty huge nerd, but I’ve fallen out of love with a lot of the things I was super nerdy about. (But not Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter. Never Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter.)
- I have devoted the majority of my life to the worship of Harry Potter in various ways – reading and rereading the books over and over, volunteering at The Harry Potter Alliance, travelling to Orlando for a Harry Potter fan conference and even having a Harry Potter themed wedding shower.
5. What is your most favourite memory?
Getting married to my wonderful husband and having all of my favourite people around me to celebrate.
6. Favourite event ever attended
LeakyCon 2011 – the aforementioned Harry Potter conference. I got to spend 5 glorious days celebrating Harry Potter by going to panels, dancing to Wizard Rock and wandering around the Wizarding World of Harry Potter with some of my favourite people ever. It was…magical. (hehehehe.)
7. What is one thing that you miss?
My friends and family back in Alberta. This whole starting a new life thing is really hard!
8. What social media platform do you use most often, and why?
Twitter, for sure, though I’ve gotten more into Facebook since starting my Facebook page and I’ve actually been really enjoying it!
9. Do you have any pets? What are they?
Yes! My darling kitty, Korra. I have another cat back home at my parents farm too, Shadow.
10. Favourite makeup product?
This changes all the time, but right now it’s L’Oreal’s Julianne’s Nude lipstick. I can not get enough!
My Questions for You
1. What made you start blogging?
2. Baths or showers?
3. Favourite way to get yourself into the Christmas/Hanukkah/etc. spirit?
4. What is your favourite part of your beauty routine?
5. Do you have any pets? I wanna see pictures!
6. What is your favourite thing about the city you live in/near?
7. What is one random fact that not many people in the blogosphere know about you?
8. Favourite makeup and/or skincare brand at the moment?
9. What is the best thing about cooler weather?
10. What is the blog post you are most proud of?