Hey guys! I’m Chelle, and I blog about makeup with a side of fitness over on Makeup Your Mind – come say hello! I’m taking over Jodi’s blog today to share my take on the CBB theme of the month – “red, white and pink”.
Obviously the theme was built around Valentine’s Day. Not being one for especially subtle makeup (and I’m DEFINITELY not a pink person), I opted to incorporate my shades as vibrantly as possible.
And what better way to be vibrant than to use some hot neon pink, black and stained lips?
I was happy with how this turned out. I’m much more of a graphic and bold makeup wearer and struggle with overly girly makeup looks so this was perfect for me.
As you can see, I struggled a bit with blending. The matte Morphe shades are on the chalky side, so just be as patient as possible.
I used the Morphe 36 Glam palette for this look since it has some especially electric shades. None of the shades have names however, so please use the diagram I’ve provided above to clarify which shades I’ve used.
First off, I applied an eyeshadow primer, then layered NYX‘s Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil inMilk all over the lid. Pat that in, then proceed:
- Makeup Geek Creme Brulee through the crease.
- White on the inner third of the eye, brought heavily around the inner tearduct.
- Neon Pink on the middle of the lid.
- Black on the outer half of the eye and lightly through the crease to tie it all together.
- Pale beige on the brow bone.
I used Kat Von D‘s Tattoo Liner in Trooper to create the wing on the upper lash line, then used MAC‘s Phone Number pencil lightly on the outer corner of the lower lash line. On my lashes is Too Faced‘s Better Than Sex mascara.
Rest of the Face
- Foundation: Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum in shades 51 Light Vanilla and 52 Vanillamixed together
- Bronzer: Joe Fresh Sand
- Blush: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Diffused Heat
- Highlighter: Hard Candy Tiki
- Lips: Too Faced Melted Ruby (this was applied lightly, rubbed onto the lips with my finger and then blotted off with a tissue – I wanted it to be more of a stain than a flat out lipstick)
Is this something you’d try out? What kind of makeup looks do you like wearing throughout February?