Hey everyone! I’m still busy studying for final exams and finishing up projects for the next few weeks, but I’ve got some lovely bloggers from the CBB to keep the content rolling while I’m away. Chelle has put together a stunning holiday themed makeup look for you, enjoy! – Jodi
Hi everyone! My name is Chelle and I blog about makeup with a side of fitness over on Makeup Your Mind. I’m happy to be taking the reigns on Jodi’s blog today as she’s been kind enough to host me before. She pretty much gave me free reign to post about anything I wanted, so I decided to opt for a holiday makeup look for the upcoming season. Tis the season, after all! 😉
For me, the holiday makeup looks are pretty much defined by a bright red lipstick, thick winged liner and false lashes. Few makeup items make me feel as stunning as that combination does!
I opted for a bright, vivid eye look because I’m not one to shy away from colour on my lids. I was pretty happy with how well the eye look came out alongside the red lips. Although the red/berry tones aren’t quite the same, they still seem to work well together.
Here’s how you can get the look:
- Makeup Geek Peach Smoothie through the top of the crease.
- Makeup Geek Glamorous all over the lid.
- Makeup Geek Bitten on the outer half of the lid and through the crease. I also used Bitten to liner my lower lash line.
- Makeup Geek Corrupt to deepen up the outer corner.
- Makeup Geek Vanilla Bean to highlight the brow bone.
- I used some old MAC gold glitter flecks to add some sparkle to the inner corner. Any gold glitter will do!
I created the wing with Kat Von D’s Tattoo Liner in Trooper and tightlined my upper water line with Marc Jacobs’ Highliner Gel Crayon in Blacquer. I coated my lashes with essence’s get BIG! lashes volume boost waterproof mascara and applied a pair of Noir Fairy false lashes by House of Lashes. My brows are filled in with Anastasia’s Dipbrow Pomade in Blonde.
- Foundation: Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum in 51 Light Vanilla
- Bronzer: Make Up For Ever Pro Bronze Fusion in 30M
- Blush: Clinique Cola Pop
- Highlighter: Becca Champagne Pop
- Lips: MAC Russian Red with Brick lipliner to even out the lip lines
I hope you enjoyed the look I created for Jodi’s blog. Let us know what your idea of a holiday makeup looks like