It’s been a long time since I’ve done any sort of tag and when I saw Brittany’s do the Beauty Lover Tag at the beginning of January I knew I had to do it. I mean…what’s more fun than talking about my favourite makeup?
1. If you could have anyone in the world do your makeup, who would it be?
This is tough. It’s a toss up between Lisa Eldridge and Charlotte Tilbury. I love everything they do, and Lisa is the queen of soft, no makeup looks, while Charlotte does more of the bombshell look.
2. What’s your top makeup tip?
Mositurize your skin before you put your foundation on. It makes such a huge difference!
3. What one makeup item could you not live without?
Brow products. I don’t have a specific one right now because I change what I’m wearing a lot, but I really like the Dior Diorshow Universal Brow Pencil and the Annabelle Brow Show Brow Liner + Highlighter. I use one of them every day!
4. What one skincare item could you not live without?
The Body Shop Chamomile Cleansing Oil, most definitely. I love it so much that I have two back ups just in case I run out.
5. What are you worst at when it comes to applying makeup?
Either false eyelashes or winged liner, depending on the day. I just don’t do either frequently enough to actually get good at it.
6. What’s your biggest pet peeve when it comes to beauty?
When people tell others what they can and can’t wear on their own bodies. Bah. Do what you want.
7. What’s your favourite makeup era?
Oooooh. I love the emulate the 1930s/1940s of Hollywood, but I love looking at 1960s makeup. French and New York especially.
8. What’s your guilty pleasure product?
I don’t think I have one, really. None of them are guilty pleasures, just pleasures.
9. What’s your underdog product?
Maybe Annabelle’s Biggy Bronzer in Matte Gold. I wear it every day but never see anyone else talking about it!
10. What’s your favourite makeup product of the year?
Now that’s tough. The year just started and I’ve been on more of a skincare kick than a makeup one. I guess I recently rediscovered the joy of curling my eyelashes, so perhaps my Tarte Eyelash Curler.
What’s your favourite tag post? Let me know if you do this one!