I had to do some travelling recently for work, so it only felt appropriate that I do a What’s In My Travel Makeup Bag? post.
The bag I took on my most recent trip to San Francisco is a Sonia Kashuk bag from Spring 2014. I actually didn’t realize that it was a snake when I bought it, I just loved the geometric pattern and the bright colours. I still like it, though the fact that it’s a snake makes it a little less awesome, haha.
When open, the bag has two clear removable zipper pouches, a brush holder and one large, clear zipper pocket. It’s not ~the best~ for air travel because the clear removable pouches are quite small, but I did manage to fit all of my liquids into one of those small pouches.
In My Travel Makeup Bag: Body care
I didn’t need to bring very many products for body care because I was only gone for four nights, but I did bring along a few things:
- Duckish Travel Lotion Stick
- Saje Wellness Crystal Deodorant
- COLAB Extreme Volume Dry Shampoo (London)
I’ll be talking about the Saje Crystal Deodorant in a future review, but it was very nice not to have to find space for a deodorant in my security bag.
In My Travel Makeup Bag: Skincare
I was gone for four nights, so it wasn’t a long trip and I didn’t need a lot of product in general, but I managed to limit my skincare to four items.
- fresh Soy Face Cleanser
- fresh Rose Face Mask (used as a night moisturizer)
- Sibu Sea Berry Therapy Age Defying Eye Cream
- Elizabeth Arden Prevage Anti-Aging Lotion with SPF 30
In My Travel Makeup Bag: Tools
I ended up taking more brushes and tools in my travel makeup bag than I needed, but hey…better safe than sorry!
- ecotools Konjac Sponge
- tarte Eyelash Curler
- tangle teezer Compact
- Face Off! Makeup Removing Cloth
- elf Eyeshadow “C” Brush
- ecotools Stippling Brush
- ecotools Round Powder Brush
- ecotools Smudge Brush
- Quo Liner & Brow Brush
- Quo Eyeshadow Brush
In My Travel Makeup Bag: Makeup
The makeup was where I really struggled to limit myself – surprise, surprise. I wanted to take a second blush and a different mascara, but there was just not enough room. It ended up being fine – especially because the blinc tubing mascara made it so easy to take my makeup off at the end of the day – but I’m sure happy to have some more selection again!
- Benefit The Porefessional
- Kat von D Lock-It Color Correcting Eyeshadow Primer
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Nude
- elf HD Concealer
- Dior Diorshow Universal Brow Pencil
- Marcelle Perfect Brow Gel
- Urban Decay Naked Basics 2 Palette
- Urban Decay Half-Baked/Twice-Baked Duo
- elf Blush in Tickled Pink
- blinc Amplified Mascara
- bite Beauty Lip Lab Custom Lipstick
- Colourpop Lumiere Lippie Stix
I think the next time I travel I will limit myself to one lipstick, and pick a more universal blush. I love Tickled Pink, but it was just a little too…well, pink, haha. What’s in your travel makeup bag?
This post contains products that were sent to me for my consideration. Go here for my disclosure policy.